What are some fun Summer activities for multiple kids under 5?

• Last Post 22 June 2019
Heather posted this 22 June 2019

I have two kids. One age 4 and the other 18 months. I am looking for fun "staycation" ideas that will entertain everyone. We do the zoo a lot but I am trying to think of other themed things. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Chloe posted this 23 June 2019

I try to find a lot of outdoor things to do in the summer. I like to try to switch things up so that there are activities that don’t always cost money. We like to do local parks, neighborhood Rec centers, aquariums, splash parks, amusement parks, we set up sprinklers and water activities in the yard...we’ve done little camping trips also (you can even do this in your yard if you have one so that you have the convenience of being home). 

• Liked by
  • Heather
Dorine posted this 25 June 2019

I guess it depends where you live. I don't have kids but my sister has taken her kids to local arts and craft museums, parks with sprinklers, fairs that pass through our community, arcades, pools, aquariums and the science center. You can also research on Google the different event calendars online to see what upcoming community events might be for children. My sister even bought different color tapes and created different obstacle courses throughout her house for her kids. She found that idea online as well. She has even gone to a hotel nearby for just a weekend for her kids to experience the fun of sleeping somewhere else. She has also bought a camping tent and set it up so that they slept in the tent under the stars but also had the convenience of the going into the house if needed. Hope this helps!

• Liked by
  • Heather
Jane posted this 25 June 2019

Wow! Those are some great ideas. My husband and I also take my stepdaughter to the park a couple have sprinklers and water slides and a couple don't. We take her to local places like funplex and American ninja warrior obstacle courses. They also have a section for toddlers. It depends where you live around. Sometimes there are coupons for fun places around you from Groupon. On the Groupon app I've found some ideas of things to do with her in my area. Maybe you can do the same and check out what's in your area for a discounted price.

• Liked by
  • Heather
Olivia posted this 25 June 2019

We go to a lot of local parks in our town and the towns surrounding our area. When it's really hot out we try to find ones that have water activities included. I also like to bring things for them to do at the park so that if/when they get bored of the playground I have other things to continue the fun. I bring a ball, bubbles, water guns, toy cars, etc. I also bought one of those velcro paddle sets with the tennis ball that sticks to it. A day filled with things like this and having them run around outside helps with naps and bedtime too!

• Liked by
  • Heather
Davie posted this 25 June 2019

My family loves doing family activities at the park. Not like playground types of parks but the ones with open grass and some trees around and picnic tables. We use the openness to play fun games and activities like water balloon toss, relay races, Egg on spoon race and various activities that involve getting wet, dancing and competing. There are whole bunch that we have found online and played. We go to the park all the time but there is always something new to play or do. Especially if you go with other family members and/or friends.

• Liked by
  • Heather
Heather posted this 29 June 2019

You all are awesome! These are such great ideas! We did a trip to the local hardware store and picked out some plants like peppers and strawberries that we are watching grow and can hopefully eat! My little one is all excited about having (plants we can eat). We also found a recipe for finger paint chalk that is pretty fun and easy to make.

Mel posted this 08 July 2019

Splashpads at any park district, but some have better turf than others.  Newer ones tend to have more protective areas than ones that are decorative/concrete.  Safety first!

Josie posted this 10 July 2019

Membership for a children's museum for those hot days where the kids don't want to be/shouldn't be outside. 

Michelle posted this 11 July 2019

My local grocery store partners up with the local public library and 2x a month they host a StoryTime for kids in the cafe area of the store.  It's just something that aligns with both kid time and grocery shopping!

Sam posted this 19 July 2019

We love going to the library for the activities they put on throughout the week for the kids (story time, craft time, ect) . We also like to hit the splash pad!

Ava posted this 19 July 2019

Children's museums are a great rainy day summer activity if you have one nearby!

Alexandra posted this 20 July 2019

Parks, library, splash pad, farmer's market!

Lyla posted this 20 July 2019

We went picking strawberries and had a blast!

Brittany posted this 20 July 2019

Parks, sprinklers, even an inflatable pool and/or splash pad in the yard!

Joanna posted this 20 July 2019

You could do a picnic somewhere, visit a children's museum, visit a splash pad, get one of those water tables for your back yard, go to the play area in the mall (most malls have them, great for if it's too hot outside too), go out for ice cream and a trip to the park

Layla posted this 20 July 2019

We don't support zoos but animal sanctuaries would be fun.

Elise posted this 20 July 2019

If you have an aquarium in town those can be nice, splash pads are usually free, parks are always good. Or set up some painting outside in your backyard space.

Molly posted this 22 July 2019

We have a hands on museum by us that is perfect for kids all ages! I think any kind of activity where they are hands on is great! I know a lot of stores like JoAnn's and Michaels have craft sessions as well!

Lily posted this 23 July 2019

We really like the zoo and the park! I think anything outdoors is wonderful!

Taylor posted this 24 July 2019

We do a lot of the water parks & Splash Pads! We also go for picnics to enjoy the outdoors a little! We make it a weekly thing if schedules cooperate!

Show More Posts
Close