What are some fun Summer activities for multiple kids under 5?

• Last Post 22 June 2019
Heather posted this 22 June 2019

I have two kids. One age 4 and the other 18 months. I am looking for fun "staycation" ideas that will entertain everyone. We do the zoo a lot but I am trying to think of other themed things. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
shay posted this 27 July 2019

Our library offers multiple arts and craft classes! Our gym offers multiple physical acitivites! We try to do as much as we can!

Meagan posted this 26 July 2019

Sprinkler in the yard, park, check with the library and see if they have any story times or summer programs going on! Those are our favorites! 

Madi posted this 26 July 2019

Love all the suggestions in this thread. I will say, sometimes the good old fashioned sprinkler in the yard can be a ton of fun. We've also done "ice painting" where I froze colored water in ice cube trays with sticks, and then we grabbed some paper and went outside and painted with the ice. 

Louise posted this 25 July 2019

We love to go to the waterparks because of the water jungle gym and lazy river

Taylor posted this 24 July 2019

We do a lot of the water parks & Splash Pads! We also go for picnics to enjoy the outdoors a little! We make it a weekly thing if schedules cooperate!

Lily posted this 23 July 2019

We really like the zoo and the park! I think anything outdoors is wonderful!

Molly posted this 22 July 2019

We have a hands on museum by us that is perfect for kids all ages! I think any kind of activity where they are hands on is great! I know a lot of stores like JoAnn's and Michaels have craft sessions as well!

Elise posted this 20 July 2019

If you have an aquarium in town those can be nice, splash pads are usually free, parks are always good. Or set up some painting outside in your backyard space.

Layla posted this 20 July 2019

We don't support zoos but animal sanctuaries would be fun.

Joanna posted this 20 July 2019

You could do a picnic somewhere, visit a children's museum, visit a splash pad, get one of those water tables for your back yard, go to the play area in the mall (most malls have them, great for if it's too hot outside too), go out for ice cream and a trip to the park

Brittany posted this 20 July 2019

Parks, sprinklers, even an inflatable pool and/or splash pad in the yard!

Lyla posted this 20 July 2019

We went picking strawberries and had a blast!

Alexandra posted this 20 July 2019

Parks, library, splash pad, farmer's market!

Ava posted this 19 July 2019

Children's museums are a great rainy day summer activity if you have one nearby!

Sam posted this 19 July 2019

We love going to the library for the activities they put on throughout the week for the kids (story time, craft time, ect) . We also like to hit the splash pad!

Michelle posted this 11 July 2019

My local grocery store partners up with the local public library and 2x a month they host a StoryTime for kids in the cafe area of the store.  It's just something that aligns with both kid time and grocery shopping!

Josie posted this 10 July 2019

Membership for a children's museum for those hot days where the kids don't want to be/shouldn't be outside. 

Mel posted this 08 July 2019

Splashpads at any park district, but some have better turf than others.  Newer ones tend to have more protective areas than ones that are decorative/concrete.  Safety first!

Heather posted this 29 June 2019

You all are awesome! These are such great ideas! We did a trip to the local hardware store and picked out some plants like peppers and strawberries that we are watching grow and can hopefully eat! My little one is all excited about having (plants we can eat). We also found a recipe for finger paint chalk that is pretty fun and easy to make.

Davie posted this 25 June 2019

My family loves doing family activities at the park. Not like playground types of parks but the ones with open grass and some trees around and picnic tables. We use the openness to play fun games and activities like water balloon toss, relay races, Egg on spoon race and various activities that involve getting wet, dancing and competing. There are whole bunch that we have found online and played. We go to the park all the time but there is always something new to play or do. Especially if you go with other family members and/or friends.

• Liked by
  • Heather
Show More Posts
Close