Stay at home moms?

• Last Post 14 January 2019
Tiana posted this 14 January 2019

Do any moms work from home, do freelance work, or own their own business at home?

I'm a single mom and finding income in getting stressful!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Krissy posted this 14 January 2019

Following for suggestions! 

I’m with you — so much stress revolving around money. 

Daphne posted this 14 January 2019

I work through UpWork doing freelancing!

• Liked by
  • Amanda
Megan posted this 27 January 2019

My part time job requires a few hours a week in the office but a lot of the computer work I can do at home. I have an Etsy shop for fun that breaks even but is a stress reliever so I love it! I also have gotten a few freelancing jobs on UpWork.

Ashley posted this 28 January 2019

I babysit for a teacher! That way we still have holiday and summer breaks but its a nice extra income & socialization for my little one! 

Lori posted this 28 January 2019

Substitute teaching! You can pick the days you want to work! 

Madi posted this 28 January 2019

I'll have to check it out! 

I work through UpWork doing freelancing!

vivian posted this 29 January 2019

I do freelancing! Upwork is great! I also just try and watch my friends kids for extra cash lol

Ashley posted this 08 March 2019

I also run an etsy shop that broke even last year. Like you, it is a stress reliever for me. I also just built my profile on Upwork. Trying to look to other freelance sites as well.

My part time job requires a few hours a week in the office but a lot of the computer work I can do at home. I have an Etsy shop for fun that breaks even but is a stress reliever so I love it! I also have gotten a few freelancing jobs on UpWork.

Nyssa posted this 08 March 2019

I’m a stay at home mom and I used to do school part time, but now I’m trying to find ways to continue to stay home while making some extra money. 

I’ve been thinking about opening up a daycare 

Annalyssa posted this 08 March 2019

When using upwork and similar sites be sure to be careful when working with those that don’t have verified payment and read the terms/conditions. If you break the terms/conditions then you won’t be able to use any of their protections if you end up getting scammed. 

Heather posted this 09 March 2019

What do you mean? I thought only those with verified payment can hire on Upwork?

When using upwork and similar sites be sure to be careful when working with those that don’t have verified payment and read the terms/conditions. If you break the terms/conditions then you won’t be able to use any of their protections if you end up getting scammed. 

Sierra posted this 10 March 2019

I sell clothes on eBay

It's super easy and fun!

• Liked by
  • Amanda
Beth posted this 11 March 2019

There are many options for this. From answering surveys to freelance writing.  Learn what you like to do first.  Also don't forget your creative side.

Sarah posted this 11 March 2019

I am a freelance writer... it works if you develop a schedule.

Mattea posted this 12 March 2019

Upwork is ok so far for me. I am looking at some virtual assistant training courses : Gina Horkey or Micala Quinn. I took a court reporting transcript proofreading course with Caitlyn Pyle and got through most of it but just couldn’t pass the midterm. There are definitely freelancing opportunities and lots of free resources to look over. 

Pamela posted this 13 March 2019

You should try learning graphic design, coding, web development. It's a lot of fun, good money involved, and rewarding! 

• Liked by
  • Amanda
Amanda posted this 10 October 2019

I am a photographer, photo editor and freelance on upwork!

• Liked by
  • Estelle
  • Cassandra
Estelle posted this 14 October 2019

I currently just do surveys for gift cards right now. 

Brittany posted this 14 October 2019

I second the suggestion for UpWork!  Another suggestion is to babysit.  I find that adding another child or two just a few days a week is a pretty good gig!  Obviously it is a little more work to add in the other little(s), but it isn't too much different from what you do on a normal day.  My kids even find it more fun to have an extra friend to play with!

Elizabeth posted this 18 October 2019

I stay at home ever since our first was born (although I have waitress part-time on and off). The best thing I found money-wise so far was to nanny. It was really beneficial for my kids too, especially my oldest when it was just her because it gave her a lot of social interactions without putting her in daycare. 

Cassandra posted this 20 October 2019

I also freelance through UpWork - mostly virtual assistant jobs. The only downside is that you have to pay for connects, but they are pretty cheap. There are a lot of great websites that have work from home listings!

Michelle posted this 20 October 2019

Love reading all of these ideas! I'm due with my first in February and I'm feeling anxious to figure something out so that I don't have to go back to work 😬 

Aisha posted this 01 November 2019

I was very active on eBay and that was okay money because baby items particularly baby clothing sells very well on eBay. Upwork has also been very good to me but you have to pay your own taxes as an independent contractor and you must be mindful of scams when you are starting out.

Other than that it's a stay home mom's dream!

Victoria posted this 01 November 2019

I do a mixture of side jobs to bring in a little extra income; babysitting, cleaning, selling odds and ends on FB marketplace, blogging, etc. It's definitely been tough to juggle little ones and try to create a source of income from home at the same time, that's for sure!

Cassandra posted this 01 November 2019

I just started freelance writing on Upwork.  A little tedious to get started, but I already have made $50 this week for writing some blog posts!

Tonja posted this 02 November 2019

I am due with my 1st and plan to be a SAHM for as long as I can, at least until thay start school 

Katy posted this 04 November 2019

I do freelance writing, but in the past I did site engine evaluation for Appen and some ad rating for Lionbridge.  Google it.  They are legit jobs.

Char posted this 05 November 2019

A friend of mine teaches English online to Japanese students and makes a pretty decent income from it. 

I am honestly not sure of the exact name of the company though. 

Close