Snacks

• Last Post 20 January 2020
Cynthia posted this 20 January 2020

My son constantly wants to snack. He will go to the kitchen and bring me a tupperware bowl because he knows that what I put the snacks in. He eats all 3 meals a day, but he still always wants snacks. Anyone elses kid is a constant muncher?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Blair posted this 20 January 2020

It's normal for a toddler/preschooler to graze all day. I let my lo just eat from a snack platter between meals. I include healthy snacks like toast with peanut butter, cut up grapes, crackers, hummus, etc. The snack platter gives lo a good idea of how much is left so I don't hear "I'm hungry" all day. Once they are older you can add popcorn and other foods that are not safe for little ones. 

Cynthia posted this 20 January 2020

Thank you! this makes me feel better. I felt I was doing something wrong bc he just wants to snack. I love the peanut butter with toast idea! Thank you!

It's normal for a toddler/preschooler to graze all day. I let my lo just eat from a snack platter between meals. I include healthy snacks like toast with peanut butter, cut up grapes, crackers, hummus, etc. The snack platter gives lo a good idea of how much is left so I don't hear "I'm hungry" all day. Once they are older you can add popcorn and other foods that are not safe for little ones. 

Millie posted this 21 January 2020

I think that is normal. My kids are all snackers. The thing is, kids really don't overeat, they eat until they are full and they eat when they are hungry. Which is hard when you are trying to schedule them, but I wouldn't worry about it. 

Sunita posted this 01 April 2020

Yeah, my 18 month old seems to never stop eating. No sooner does she finish a snack or meal does she want something else. It's hard to keep food in the house with all her eating! I think it's because they are growing and burning a lot of energy. 

Cecily posted this 01 April 2020

My 9 month old can't ask for snacks but she sure will tear up as much as you give her and then get frustrated that she doesn't have any more. 

Phoebe posted this 01 April 2020

Yes, my son is always asking for snacks

Gabby posted this 02 April 2020

Yes! My daughter tears up baby puffs 

Close