Screen time

• Last Post 04 March 2020
Moona posted this 12 February 2020

How long did you wait before introducing electronics to your baby? How long do you let them watch TV!? 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Lori posted this 28 February 2020

My son is 11 months and has no interest in phones or tv. Maybe watches for 10 minutes a day 

Misty posted this 27 February 2020

We don't allow our 16 month old to use tablets or phones but we do turn on PBS kids for a couple shows a day, like Sesame Street or Daniel Tiger.

Lydia posted this 26 February 2020

My daughter is 6 months and no interest in tv or any electronics at all thank goodness 

Tiana posted this 24 February 2020

My son is 11 months and barely even cares about TV he maybe watches 10 minutes a day. He also does not  ever play with my phone or iPad or anything. He does always want to touch my laptop when I am doing homework and is mostly curious with it. 

Sky posted this 23 February 2020

I am a work from home mom. My first son got a tablet at 1 loaded with only educational games and stuff. He used it all of the time. By 4 he could spell and read up to 7 letter words. He is most likely going to be skipping 2nd grade next year because his tabby time was learning time. 

I agree with Mel and can also say that it depends on if you work from home or not.  Sometimes we need kids to have distractions or breaks from play or one on one time with parents, BUT ensuring that the technology piece will benefit them is really important. 

• Liked by
  • Lydia
Lily posted this 22 February 2020

I think introducing children to electronics/TV is NOT a bad thing. It just has to be used in moderation.  My kids get 1 hour all day on ipads or tv. I use that time to send quick emails or phone calls or make dinner (I work from home).

• Liked by
  • Lydia
Sam posted this 20 February 2020

I think it's wonderful to introduce your little one to technology. My son used his kindle fire at 18 months and was able to use it on his own in only a few short weeks. it was amazing!

Lexi posted this 19 February 2020

I didn't know I should limit their screen time. What's wrong with screen time?

Hilda posted this 18 February 2020

My girl is 4, and she doesn't like screen time at all. She'd rather be outside.

Kacie posted this 18 February 2020

My babies are 3 and 5, and they get very little screen time. No screens in the car, no morning tv, either. We watch a little television in the evening as a family, so we can give them context.

Suze posted this 18 February 2020

I had a kindle that play videos for long car rides at a young age but I didn't let my child play with electronic devices until two. However, even now it is very very little time and it's always a puzzle or learning exercise. 

Joseline posted this 17 February 2020

My kids are 2 and 4 and they don't have electronics. They're allowed to look at family pictures/video clips on my phone on special occasions (they like to watch my wedding video). They're allowed to watch tv in the mornings for a little and in the evenings to wake up and decompress... this also helps me to get a few things done (dinner prepped, etc.). BUT they have to watch it on the tv in our family room, so that I can chime in and make sure they're not zombies... I ask them simple questions such as "how do you think that made her feel" or "oh no, whats going to happen next" just to easy my mommy brain and ensure their minds are working a little!! 

• Liked by
  • Kacie
Anna posted this 13 February 2020

I agree with Mel and can also say that it depends on if you work from home or not.  Sometimes we need kids to have distractions or breaks from play or one on one time with parents, BUT ensuring that the technology piece will benefit them is really important. 

• Liked by
  • Sky
Mel posted this 13 February 2020

I would say if you have to introduce a device for them to actually use on their own (mostly) it would have to be to show a video that is of course appropriate and in a situation where it's the last resort. 

Pinky posted this 13 February 2020

No screen time until after 2 years old! 

Close