Pregnancy Insomnia!

• Last Post 05 May 2020
Hannah posted this 01 June 2019

Anyone else experiencing extreme insomnia while also being beyond exhausted during the day? I try and stay active and eat healthy, doing all the things that are supposed to help me sleep at night. I can't take any medication so that's out of the question. I'd love any help as I'm going cRaZy! Thanks mommas

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Lucia posted this 02 June 2019

Oh this hit me hard! Heartburn also exacerbated the insomnia. Maybe it caused it, who knows. All I know was I was awake all night and sleepy all day šŸ˜« 

Sarah posted this 02 June 2019

Oh man. I wish I had real advice, but I felt this too.  Some pregnancy symptoms just kill  

Jess posted this 02 June 2019

Epsom salt baths with lavender oil before bed helped me! Add a cup of decaf tea, some candles, bubbles, etc. Good luck! Insomnia sucks! 

Tracy posted this 11 June 2019

You can always try melatonin. You can purchase melatonin over-the-counter.  It is a natural substance that helps with sleep. This may help you. 

Jennier posted this 16 June 2019

I have this problem in general, and it's worse since I'm newly pregnant. I tried melatonin for the first time last night and it seemed to help (my OB said it's safe!) Maybe give it a try? Good luck!

Layla posted this 17 June 2019

At first my pregnancy did not affect my sleep at all, which I was very thankful for. But lately as Iā€™m in the middle of my third trimester, he simply will get into the most uncomfortable position and stay. For the most part I have been able to somewhat combat it with the use of a pregnancy pillow that I purchased off of amazon. I did not think to try a weighted blanket and I am very paranoid about taking any type of supplement or medication during my pregnancy. The pillow did help a lot with my back pain. 

Sasha posted this 20 June 2019

My doctor told me this was very normal, so I just sort of expected this. My friends would say that this is mother natures way of preparing you for those late nights with your newborn. 

gerry posted this 29 August 2019

i had the same thing, i found that some sort of calming activity would help. i added a sound machine and it helped along with meditating

Davina posted this 31 August 2019

Duuuuuude! I could never sleep when I was prego! I had the hardest time sleeping. It was a nightmare! I'm thinking I'm a one and done type of momma.

Lyrica posted this 20 October 2019

Yes. There's nothing worse than being exhausted but unable to sleep. 

Michelle posted this 20 October 2019

Yes! This is getting to be such a huge problem for me! I got some Natural Calm supplements (magnesium) and have been doing bath soaks before before bed sometimes with some epsom salt and lavender oil...I do feel like I sleep a little better after doing that, but it's still a struggle šŸ˜© 

Sadie posted this 23 October 2019

I don't have any real advice, but I always say it's just your body's way of preparing you for what's ahead!

Elizabeth posted this 24 October 2019

Ugh, this has been the worst. Everyone keeps telling me to "stock up" on my sleep but it's impossible these days. I'm so uncomfortable!

Liz posted this 24 October 2019

I'm only at the end of my 1st trimester and already struggling with this. I feel super restless and also, constantly getting up to pee makes it a nightmare to try and sleep!

Mar posted this 08 November 2019

There are some great podcasts to fall asleep to, including adult bedtime stories. Seriously! They are made to help you fall asleep.

Janelle posted this 11 November 2019

It just comes with the territory of being pregnant, unfortunately.  The same thing happened to me.  Try using a sleep podcast to help.  It is a soothing voice describing an ocean scene and it sounds SUPER weird but has helped me in the past.  Luckily, when the baby is born, you can catch up on all your missed sleep šŸ˜‚ 

Emily posted this 11 November 2019

Epsom salt baths 

Anne posted this 12 November 2019

Ugh, this is the worst! I've tried taking Natural Calm (magnesium supplement) and felt like it helped a lot. Or Epsom salt foot soaks. 

Tonja posted this 12 November 2019

I feel i have been going through this my whole pregnancy so far. If its not insomnia, its preggo brain..

Gabbie posted this 13 November 2019

I had bad insomnia during pregnancy. Melatonin helped me personally. I would also do yoga and meditation some days and that seemed to help me sleep on the nights that I did them.

Charlotte posted this 13 November 2019

I literally fell asleep at my desk today.  And I am wide awake until usually, 3 am.  Good thing Disney Plus came out today haha

denise posted this 08 December 2019

Get up and read by a dim light then try to go back to sleep in about thirty. minutes. read an actual book and don't look at your phone - I know that's easier said than done

Bryn posted this 16 December 2019

The struggle is real. I tried 100% cherry juice and kiwis before bed and I think that helped a bit with turning off all screens at least an hour before bed.

Kim posted this 20 January 2020

OK, how safe is it to take melatonin during pregnancy? My doctor is saying a small dosage is okay, but it doesn't seem like something healthy to take. But my insomnia is getting worse. Is this just nerves?

Meg posted this 20 January 2020

It is the worst! My doc told me to take melatonin. That helped. Also a chamomile or sleepy time tea helped me. Also, to not get stressed when I did wake up. To try to stay calm and be okay being awake. Easier said than done of course. Hope you find something that works for you.

Ritchelle posted this 22 January 2020

I don't exactly have extreme insomnia. Sleep became better in 2nd trimester. But I do need to listen to a TV show or something to help me sleep -- so odd -- and the one that does it for me, like within the first 10 mins, is Forensic Files on Netflix. šŸ˜† 

Isla posted this 13 February 2020

I had this problem during my second pregnancy and it was awful! I used DoTerra peace essential oil on my body and diffused serenity and it helped a ton! Prenatal massages can also be lifesaving! Be well mama!

allis posted this 14 February 2020

Girl I went through that too! It will pass though.

• Liked by
  • Brianna
Monica posted this 17 February 2020

I love sleepy time tea and some meditation and stretching right before bed. It helped with my insomnia. 

Liz posted this 20 February 2020

Try a good body pillow or switching to a different one. I listened to music at night and it would cause me to fall asleep. Good luck!

Kimmie posted this 12 March 2020

I had insomnia a few times but since I read and write a lot that's where I put my energy when I couldn't sleep. Also, lavender is great for relaxation and sleep.

Zoe posted this 12 March 2020

Have you tried meditation for sleep? There are apps out there for that. 

Bailey posted this 13 March 2020

I feel you on this! I think its our bodies saying "get ready to not sleep once baby comes." Seems pretty cruel if you ask me! 

Heather posted this 13 March 2020

I was like this until the day they cut her out. I slept maybe an hour a two a night if I was lucky. It lasted until she was almost six months old. My doctor just made me ride it out because of nursing.

Kelly posted this 22 March 2020

definitely me! I sleep like past midnight and wake up at 3 am everyday so its so hard to stay awake in the afternoon. currently 27 weeks

Claire posted this 24 March 2020

I did as well. Try taking a bath in the lavender epsom salt, that helped for me!

Katie posted this 24 March 2020

Yup! This was my entire pregnancy, but especially the first trimester!

Lily posted this 22 April 2020

Its surprising how everybody is different! this was me during my second trimester. im on my third trimester and could sleep like a baby at night!

Courtney_ posted this 03 May 2020

Try a good body pillow or switching to a different one 

I have a solution to click on the link

A book with all the teachings of a pregnant woman

Go take a look

https://payhip.com/b/CJpK 

Ahmed posted this 04 May 2020

If you're a woman? 

If you're pregnant? 

This book will help you to understand pregnancy period.

Link : https://payhip.com/b/FIQ2

Go take a look 

Megan posted this 05 May 2020

Yes, but the worst was the insane dreams that came with pregnancy. Holy cow. Fatigue definitely during the day though!!!

Close