Potty Training

• Last Post 14 February 2020
Fiona posted this 14 February 2020

My son has been potty trained for 2 years-he is now 4 and he was super easy to train. I can count on 1 hand the number of accidents he's had! However, he still wears a pull-up at nighttime and wakes up every morning wet-occasionally he even pees through the pull up. Any advice?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Leslie posted this 15 March 2020

overnight is so hard.  Just be patient.  It will come.  I know some of my friends have woken their kids up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, but my son was not a great sleeper, so there was no WAY I was trying that.  We just stopped liquids after a certain time in the evening and reminded him to use the bathroom before bedtime.  He was five when he consistently stopped wearing pull-ups at night.

Jane posted this 17 February 2020

I've had luck with a bed wetting detector. I purchased it on Amazon and it alarmed him as soon as wetness was detected, which helped him learn to wake up and use the bathroom. Its recommended for kids 5 years and older. 

Mira posted this 17 February 2020

My son is the same. My pediatrician said it is common, especially for boys. Limit liquids in the evening. Also, have them work towards a goal, for example, if they go ten nights with no accidents they can get a reward. 

Heath posted this 15 February 2020

My pediatrician told me to cut off all liquids at 6 pm. No exceptions. I also wake my son before I go to bed and this has been helpful. I was told it's normal for children to bed wet all the way up to 7 years old actually, because everyone's system develops differently. 

Close