Potty Training

• Last Post 19 February 2019
Ashley posted this 19 February 2019

My 17 month old is starting to show some interest in the potty but I feel like she is kind of young to begin potty training. At what age did you begin potty training?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Astrid posted this 18 May 2019

With my 1st son he was fully potty trained at 2. I was so glad because I was at the time expecting baby #2

Smruti posted this 17 May 2019

I started sometime after the second birthday. What i have learnt, it is best to start potty training when the child shows signs of readiness. It really makes the process a whole lot easier n less stresssful

Ellen posted this 13 May 2019

I've started early with one of my sons and it quickly became obvious he wasn't ready...so totally go for it and maybe just read the signs of if it's working or not and retry later if it doesn't work out!

Anastasia posted this 11 May 2019

Introduce it, but don't stress over it. My youngest because interested before 2 because everybody else in the house was doing it, and she's almost 3 and still not complete potty trained.

user4 posted this 11 May 2019

I introduced potty training at birth! It is called EC (elimination communication), and practiced a lot in foreign countries. I would say that no age is too early. Babies and toddlers are a lot smarter than people give them credit for! You can get LO a small potty from Baby Bjorn (sold at Walmart and Amazon), and start training!

• Liked by
  • user7
Rachel posted this 26 February 2019

I think it's great to begin gradually. Introduce the idea and then slowly execute the learning process.

Merinda posted this 26 February 2019

If you think think she is ready then definitely give it a try! Some do really great at a young age, whereas others don't fully get it until they are 2-3 years. Most kids are held off until about age 2 though to prevent them from reverting back, which is common among kids who potty train early. 

Carol posted this 19 February 2019

I started potty training my daughter at 2 years old.

Close