Parenting Trends for 2019

• Last Post 14 May 2019
Jenna posted this 14 May 2019

This is super interesting! I love learning about how parents parent in other cultures. Thanks for sharing the link. The conversation with parents seems so obvious yet so many parents don't actively think about it it seems.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Gabby posted this 15 May 2019

This is very interesting. My research (im a professor) is about culture and parenting.  A lot of research has shown that when asked why they do what they do as parents, young parents say "It was just what I was raised with."

Dre posted this 15 May 2019

What about making sure FLOW happens - like a child listening to easy music in the background while they do free-play? Might help them transition from one activity to the next?

Susan posted this 15 May 2019

An interesting article outside of America's norms on parenting. I like the points made in extra curricular activities, well being and integrating tech into our home life. I also practice working on two way conversations with my child from early. I didn't like when I was a child and feeling left out of what was happening or not knowing who I could talk to.

Josie posted this 21 May 2019

I have purposely put my children in one activity at a time after school, and it's not even every day. The one child has some social anxiety issues, so it's good for her to be involved, but at the same time it's not overwhelming either.

Ruthie posted this 22 May 2019

This is a great thing to do! I agree that one activity at a time is better for kids than multiple activities.

I have purposely put my children in one activity at a time after school, and it's not even every day. The one child has some social anxiety issues, so it's good for her to be involved, but at the same time it's not overwhelming either.

Jane posted this 20 June 2019

Does anyone else read this list and feel like we as an American society are superficial?  These are such interesting and important topics and trends to be discussed.  Not that cell phone use and gender reveal parties aren't important.  But it's kind of like how a wedding vs a marriage is not the same thing as being pregnant vs being a parent.  

Kelly posted this 25 September 2019

Those are great trends, I wish they were what the US was focused on.  

Lilliana posted this 25 September 2019

Great read! Thanks for sharing xo

Chloe posted this 25 September 2019

Not sure that I agree with integrating tech with daily family life. I do love the idea of extra curricular activities- just not to the point of creating a life so busy that my child wouldnt be able to enjoy

Close