Instant Pot

• Last Post 11 May 2019
Anastasia posted this 11 May 2019

Are there any other moms in the IP Cult? Would love to swap favorite recipes! I love using mine to make yogurt. It saves me so much money. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Kelly posted this 25 September 2019

After reading all these comments, I think it's finally time I get an Instant Pot.  Does anyone have recommendations on which brand to get? 

Kaitlyn posted this 02 June 2019

YES I love the IP. We do a whole chicken in it every Sunday, then make broth from the bones. Lots of great recipes on Pinterest too. 

Jess posted this 02 June 2019

It is so much faster than a crockpot! My husband and I both work, and we never remember to start the crockpot before leaving for the day! IP cooks dinner in less than an hour, start to finish. Also, I feel like chicken in the crockpot has a mealy texture, but not in the IP. I love mine! There is also a slow cook setting on the IP, so you don't have to keep two bulky appliances. 

I hope it is OK to ask this here... I just don't know anyone that owns an IP personally, and I have always wanted to know the benefit. How does this differ from a crockpot? 

Sarah posted this 02 June 2019

Sooo glad to read this post. I use my crockpot for about half of my go-to recipes and I've been going back and forth on the instant pot for months! Now I definitely want one. haha.

Katrina posted this 02 June 2019

Instant Pot and air fryer - the best duo ever!!!! Having that pressure cook option is such a game changer.

Pinterest is great but also go to Food Network, they have sections on what to cook as well. 

Kate posted this 02 June 2019

If you search Pinterest for vegetarian instant pot meals there are a ton of great recipes. Here are some of my favorites:

https://pin.it/gxnnmhtnqahyao

https://pin.it/3pc5ewcqjweums

https://pin.it/wndt7v4s7ttftg

This is great! Would love to see some of these meatless recipes (I am a sometimes vegetarian)!

I love my instant pot! You can use the slow cook function in place of a crockpot, and that works just fine, but you can also pressure cook in it, which is much faster. I use it all the time to make yogurt, which does take a long time, but is pretty easy, and SO MUCH CHEAPER than buying yogurt (we eat a lot of it, lol). We're not vegetarians, but I do make a good number of meat free things in it. Lots of bean and grains!

user3 posted this 01 June 2019

This is great! Would love to see some of these meatless recipes (I am a sometimes vegetarian)!

I love my instant pot! You can use the slow cook function in place of a crockpot, and that works just fine, but you can also pressure cook in it, which is much faster. I use it all the time to make yogurt, which does take a long time, but is pretty easy, and SO MUCH CHEAPER than buying yogurt (we eat a lot of it, lol). We're not vegetarians, but I do make a good number of meat free things in it. Lots of bean and grains!

Pat posted this 16 May 2019

I was wondering the same thing. I have been on the fence about purchasing an Insta pot. I just don't know if it'd be worth it since I'm an avid crock pot user. 

I hope it is OK to ask this here... I just don't know anyone that owns an IP personally, and I have always wanted to know the benefit. How does this differ from a crockpot? 

• Liked by
  • user3
Kate posted this 16 May 2019

• Liked by
  • user3
user3 posted this 16 May 2019

Misty posted this 12 May 2019

Hi there! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Instant Pot. I'm a single mom and those things sure come in handy!  Here is my favorite recipe. I'd love to have yours!

Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili

Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil

1 small onion, chopped

4 cloves of garlic, minced

3 14oz cans Great Northern Beans

1.5 pounds Boneless skinless chicken thighs

3 cups chicken stock

1 14 oz can mild green enchilada sauce

1 14 oz can yellow corn

1 4 oz can green chiles

1 tsp cumin

1 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

2 sprigs thyme

1 red bell pepper, diced

juice from one lime

1 jalapeno, sliced thinly (optional)

avocado (optional)

tortilla strips (optional)

cotija cheese (optional)

cilantro (optional)

Directions: 

1. Set Instant Pot to saute mode. Heat olive oil and add in onions. Cook until translucent. Add in garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes more. 

2. Once onions and garlic are soft, add in all remaining ingredients except bell peppers and lime juice (and optional condiments). Set Instant Pot to stew/bean. When the setting is finished, use the quick release valve to release pressure. After the pressure is released, carefully open the lid of the Instant Pot.

3. Remove chicken thighs from the chili and shred with two forks. Add the shredded chicken back to the IP along with bell peppers and lime juice. Set IP to saute mode, uncovered, and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.

4. Serve warm along with a variety of optional toppings. 

Let me know if you try it!

Leigh posted this 12 May 2019

Do I think it would be useful to me as a vegetarian? I guess I can see what Pinterest has to say or even google. 

Close