How long did you breastfeed?

• Last Post 05 February 2019
Christina posted this 05 February 2019

How long did everyone breastfeed?  

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Megan posted this 06 February 2019

I had 4 babies and breastfed 12-14 months with 3 of them. With my first I couldn't produce enough milk so supplemented with formula at 4-5 months.

• Liked by
  • Christina
Meagan posted this 06 February 2019

I breastfed until 11 months and then had enough pumped milk saved that I was able to give breastmilk until a year when we transitioned to regular milk. 

• Liked by
  • Christina
  • Emily
Ashley posted this 06 February 2019

With my first I breastfed, and gave him pumped breast milk until he was two. I am currently breastfeeding my my 7 month old, and will probably stop at a year. I have enough in the freezer that it will make it through 18 months if supplemented with baby food.

Firhadi posted this 07 February 2019

Well with my 1st I breastfed almost 10 months. With my second one I will breastfeed longer hopefully 

Tina posted this 07 February 2019

I only breastfeed until I had to go back to work. I wanted to make it easier on myself and the babysitter to not rely on me.

rania posted this 08 February 2019

15 months with my 1st and I’m eager to see how long with my second.

Sheila posted this 08 February 2019

6 months only I wasn’t as lucky with milk supply.

Emily posted this 08 February 2019

Breastfed my first for a year and the second for about 9 months then fed him pumped milk till about the 11th month

Catherine posted this 10 February 2019

Due to unintended bottle preference caused by husband's sweet intentions, I had to switch to exclusively pumping at 3 days. I've been giving her breastmilk for 19 months now with the goal of 2 years. 😊 

Sharon posted this 10 February 2019

Not less than 6 month

Mama posted this 01 March 2019

If my milk supply is still available when baby is 2, then I'll breastfeed till then. Funny story: When I was in grad school, one of my classmates told me she was breastfed till she was 7 years. That she and her brother would come back home from school, and their mother would feed them; she would take one breast, and her brother would take the other. Not sure how true her story was. Who knows, it might have been true, because she was from a different culture.

Casey posted this 03 March 2019

I had 2 babies. I EBF both. The first until 1 and the second until 3 years old. It was a different because with the oldest I started pumping so I could work at 4 weeks so he could have a bottle but I nursed when I was home. It was so much work that at a year I was ready to be done. With my second I stayed home and he never took a bottle, it was easier to EBF with no pumping, in my opinion. 

Yabura posted this 03 March 2019

Have two beautiful babies and they are 15 month apart. I breast feed my first for 9month and the second 12 months... breastfeeding is a gift if you can do it I encourage you maximize as much as you can.

Bridget posted this 04 May 2019

I’m going on four months of pumping. At three months I stopped producing as much so I used up all my freezer stash and now doing half formula half milk until I can get it up again 

Anastasia posted this 11 May 2019

I wasn't successful with my first, but I made it 6 months with my youngest (although we had to start supplementing when she was a few days old).

Daisy posted this 12 May 2019

2.5 years..but then was happy that my kid weaned off on his own. 

Allegra posted this 13 May 2019

I only breastfed my son for about three months, but my daughter just passed her first birthday and she is still being breastfed.

Ellen posted this 13 May 2019

I fed my first two sons until around 14 months and then my current son is 8 months and going strong. 

Haley posted this 15 June 2019

I’m currently at 19 months with my son and plan on letting him ween himself 😊 

Becky posted this 16 June 2019

I currently am still breastfeeding my 15 month old. I am not sure when I will be weaning, as he still uses boob for nap times/bedtimes. My ultimate goal was 1 year, and am happy to have surpassed it!

Show More Posts
Close