glucose test

• Last Post 22 April 2020
Madison posted this 22 August 2019

I am one to question things and do research, and I have read about people asking for an alternative to that insanely sugary drink they use for the glucose test. What was your experience? did you drink what they offered or ask for juice instead? They tell us to eat healthy and then make us drink a bag of sugar in a bottle, so gross.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Leah posted this 23 August 2019

I just drank what they offered. I am also one to question things and try and stay on the side of being healthy but I also take an approach to everything in moderation.  I knew I was eating a healthy diet and this one super sugary drink was more than likely not going to cause a ton of harm if I stayed on track with the lifestyle I was already leading.

• Liked by
  • Tasha
Kassie posted this 23 August 2019

I drank the glucose stuff.  I have to say the orange flavor was not that bad.  It tasted like a really sweet pop and as long as it is cold, I don't see why people can't stomach it.  It's one little blip of sugar spike for the pregnancy... no biggie to me.

• Liked by
  • Tasha
Tasha posted this 24 August 2019

I had a SUPER hard time with the first test while I was still in my nausea stage. test came back with bad results so I had to fast and take the 3 hour test (which came back normal), but the second test was way easier because I was magically past my nausea!!

Jessica posted this 24 August 2019

I agree.. I have tried both cold and room temp, and cold is def better.

I drank the glucose stuff.  I have to say the orange flavor was not that bad.  It tasted like a really sweet pop and as long as it is cold, I don't see why people can't stomach it.  It's one little blip of sugar spike for the pregnancy... no biggie to me.

Jessica posted this 24 August 2019

I don't think its a big deal, they have you do it for a reason and that is to ultimate protect the health of you and your baby. 

Nancy posted this 25 August 2019

I didn't think it was bad at all. So much hype! Since I had been trying not too eat too much sugary stuff I actually saw it as a little treat. With my second kiddo my doc let me take it home and put it in the fridge until I had to drink it and it was better cold. 

Madison posted this 04 September 2019

Thank you for your feedback ladies. I ended up drinking it, and passed the test just fine. glad mine was cold too! haha

Regan posted this 11 September 2019

I drank the glucose drink! I dint even think it was that bad. To me it tasted like a really sweet sports drink. My blood sugar actually came back a little low which was odd! I am glad you passed!

Angie posted this 24 January 2020

It's very sugary but I was able to drink it. I didn't like it but I tried not to think about how sugary it is. 

Lily posted this 22 April 2020

I finished my drink in less than a minute! it is sweet but tolerable for me. I got the clear drink, failed it so I had to take the 3 hr and had the fruit punch. personally I liked the clear drink.

Close