Essential Oils

• Last Post 13 March 2020
Lucy posted this 09 May 2019

Hey mommas! For those that use essential oils with your child, what's your go to brand? Also, favorite oil?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Anna posted this 15 May 2019

Doterra Brand - I use a lot of Wild Orange and.or Lemon to clean in the Kitchen, unless I really need to disinfect then I will use a Lysol wipe.  I use distilled water, the essential oil (a few drops) and smaller (smaller than the water) of distilled white vinegar. I have used a small amount of peppermint oil diluted in coconut oil (carrier) on back and feet for fever for both husband and child.

carmen posted this 15 May 2019

I love the lavender with my 1.5year old. Helps a lot with our night time routine 

Pat posted this 17 May 2019

I love lavender, citrus, and eucalyptus. I buy different brands, but usually from Whole Foods.

olivia posted this 18 May 2019

I absolutely love lavender and eucalyptus. 

jewel posted this 18 May 2019

I’ve been using Eucalyptus a lot lately. With seasonal allergies it’s been helping with my kids stuffy nose.  

Alexia posted this 19 May 2019

I’ve never actually done anything with oils, but I’ve always been interested. I will definitely keep an eye on this thread to learn more.

Mariah posted this 04 June 2019

I prefer using blends as they are nore efficient for applying onto skin or damaged hair. Many oils even can repair stretch marks.

Kaitlyn posted this 04 June 2019

I use the NOW brand because I'm really not into buying MLM products. We don't use them seriously, just some citrus in homemade cleaning spray and diffusing to make the house smell nice. I also use peppermint mixed with water and a couple drops of dish soap to make a spider repellant spray. It works pretty well, and I don't have to worry about nasty chemicals around my kids or dog. 

Kate posted this 21 June 2019

I use Young Living (i'm an MLM sucker, admitted and in recovery haha) but I really like the lavender for the kids too.  There are a few kid specific blends YL has that I like for sniffles and for tummy troubles too, but I usually pair lavender with a citrus (orange or lime are my favorites). 

Eva posted this 21 June 2019

Lavender, Cedarwood, anything pine-y or citrus-y

Jane posted this 21 June 2019

Lavender lemon and peppermint has been a lifesaver for me during allergy season.  I like them separately too. I'm sort of new to oils.

Megan posted this 16 September 2019

I buy my oils from Piping Rock. They are good and very affordable. My boys have a diffuser in their bedroom and usually put lavender with a drop of lemon or eucalyptus to help them sleep better. I love lemon for cleaning.

emily posted this 16 September 2019

We used  lavender at bed time and lemongrass during cold and flu season. 

Carla posted this 16 September 2019

I wish I could have my kids use oils, but the smells are too much for me to handle. 

Sonya posted this 19 October 2019

Another DoTerra user here. I've also just gone to one of our local natural foods stores and picked up some there. I love lavender at bedtime. DoTerra also has a Breathe blend that we've used a lot since my daughter has allergies. 

Kristina posted this 12 February 2020

I'm another DoTerra fan! I use onguard and console every bath night to fight off germs and relax my kids. I also use breath and eucalyptus when my son's airways are acting up. Personally, I love cheer, lemon and lime as mood enhancers and peace helped me sleep during pregnancy!

Jessica posted this 25 February 2020

Lavender oil is great for massage before bed. It's very soothing and relaxing! Also try citronella oil mixed with a little witch hazel and water to make homemade, natural bug spray.

Carly posted this 27 February 2020

I said that I would commit to essential oils for my entire family, but I have not purchased any just yet. Yes, I would definitely like to know the best brands and if someone sells a good starter kit.

Christine posted this 12 March 2020

I use lavender for every single thing. It works for me and just about any brand. 

christine posted this 13 March 2020

Plant Therapy is my go-to brand! I love that they have a special line for kid safe oils! Lavender and Tea Tree are probably some of my most frequently used.  

Close