Doula

• Last Post 29 June 2019
Angelica posted this 29 June 2019

What are some benefits you had from a Doula? I am interested but also feel like it might get in the way of me relying on my husband. 

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Jeannie posted this 25 July 2019

I love the extra hand and support emotionally and physically! 

Hayley posted this 22 July 2019

I hired one! So far I adore her and I'm glad I did it.

Kenzie posted this 22 July 2019

Doulas are amazing! Its so nice to have that extra support.

Marissa posted this 20 July 2019

I didn't have one but I have a friend who is one. I'd be interested in using one next time, they won't replace your husband or his support but are just there to know what you're experiencing as it's happening and a good support source (that's what I think anyway)

Layla posted this 20 July 2019

I didn't have one but it interests me and I will try it with baby #2.

Mel posted this 09 July 2019

I teach yoga and this is currently something I have in mind for my own future with having a child. I see what you are saying, but maybe the doula could be only used on minimal?

Piper posted this 05 July 2019

I didn't have a doula, but I looked into having one with my first. I think they are really good at keeping a calm energy and staying in tune with everyone's needs. They aren't there to take over the support role of your partner but to be your advocate.

Heather posted this 29 June 2019

I thought our doula was really in tune with not only my needs but my families needs with my second pregnancy. I really wanted to labor as long as I could at home before going to the hospital. She monitored and made suggestions for myself and my husband to make sure it was a journey we took together to bring the newest little life into the world. 

Close