Creative birthday party idea for 1-year-old

• Last Post 08 November 2018
Paula posted this 08 November 2018

What are some of your experiences for your child's first birthday?

• Liked by
  • Kara
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Krista posted this 08 November 2018

We had a small get together at my parent's house. They have a pool and it worked great with it being summer. 

• Liked by
  • Lizzy
  • Kara
Lisa posted this 09 November 2018

We have our parties at my in-laws because they have a huge entertaining space on the lower level of their house. It's like a walkout basement type deal with a bar/pool table/gathering space. It saves us money on renting a place and lets us get a good amount of people together.  I've seen others have get-togethers at children's museums/touch and play places/etc. 

• Liked by
  • Kara
Lizzy posted this 09 November 2018

We had a small get party at our house. They have a pool, bouncy balls, slides, balloons, clowns,mobile  petting zoo with  horses to ride.

• Liked by
  • Kara
Kara posted this 09 November 2018

With our first we had a small get together with just family. With our second we went to the zoo nearby for a picnic. It's a free entry zoo (just ask for a small optional donation) so that was a major win. We barbecued outside in the park nearby. Worked out great!

Amber posted this 09 November 2018

I'm on my third child and at 1, let's be honest, they aren't going to remember lol. So my husband and I would just throw themed based, small, get togethers of my children's favorite tv show at the time!

Paula posted this 12 November 2018

These are all nice and wholesome. I agree that they won't remember, but it's gathering family and celebrating a life that does!

• Liked by
  • Lauren
Leigh posted this 12 November 2018

So glad to see this post! My baby is turning 1 soon, too! We’re going to have a small family dinner at our house with just grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins. I think it’ll be fun, but for us it’ll be very bittersweet to see our BABY turn 1!!! Can’t believe it!

• Liked by
  • Lauren
Hana posted this 12 November 2018

We just invited family and close friends.  We did a woodland adventure theme and everyone wore flannel shirts.  Decorated with woodland animals and trees.  It was a great party!

• Liked by
  • Lauren
Lauren posted this 12 November 2018

Love the family/close friends idea! 1st birthdays are super special but you definitely don’t want to overwhelm the baby!

Ashley posted this 13 November 2018

We invited family and close friends for our oldest daughter and had the party at a local church with a large event space since our family was large. Still debating on our little one's party in February. I was thinking of just having it at our house and inviting just family this time to make the crowd smaller. I did see where someone did a tutti fruitti themed party the other day and it was super cute! How cute is this cake ?!

• Liked by
  • Grace
Mollie posted this 13 November 2018

We had family over and just spent the afternoon celebrating the milestone.  I did a disney theme and made silly food names to match disney characters.  Lots of fun and everyone wore a disney shirt of some sort to the party. 

Kristine posted this 13 November 2018

Turning during the winter?  Could do winter one-derland and have a snowy themed party.  Star Wars - the force is strong with this One or mickey mouse club house.  

olive posted this 13 November 2018

This party is for you- remember! Do what you want to do and just make sure everyone pays special attention to your birthday babe That's all that'll make them happy. Lots of loud singing, clapping will stress them out!  Also- word to the wise- don't get your one year old shots the week before the party.... mine ended up with a 103 fever at hers due to shots! 

Gen posted this 13 November 2018

Grilled hot dogs, served some beers and invited some other babies over to play around a water table. Easy, peasy and cheap! 

Jessica posted this 14 November 2018

A baby pool party.

Close