9 Weeks and Terrified

• Last Post 20 April 2019
Lisa posted this 20 April 2019

Hello all! Mother of three, currently 9 weeks along with baby #4. Yes, we finally took the plunge! However...

Ever since I saw the positive test I've been overrun with anxiety about everything. I never had this issue with my other pregnancies. I'm paranoid about everything this time around. I'm worried about miscarrying, my age, my other kids, my husband, the pets, etc. It's never-ending! It's gotten to the point of night terrors about bizarre totally unlikely scenarios. I left a note with my OBGYN about it to call me (she was out yesterday) to put my mind at ease, but it's driving me bonkers! Has anyone else experienced this?

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Tulip posted this 09 May 2019

A lot of changes are taking places so factor that in. Also, there are a lot of free resources online and apps to help with anxiety and relaxation and breathing. YouTube has awesome relaxation classical or nature sound videos. 

Kirsten posted this 06 May 2019

Totally normal! I was like that with both pregnancies. Sorry to hear your stressed! 

Mary posted this 06 May 2019

Sounds normal. I know it’s hard, but hang in there for those babies! You’ll make it through!

Renee posted this 29 April 2019

We had our first in February, and I was a basketcase of nerves until about six months. Then finally everything cooled down. I recommend visiting a therapist. It really helped me!

AnnaLynn posted this 26 April 2019

So sorry to hear you are having anxiety! I will definitely pray for you and that you find peace through all of this chaos. Therapy has been my saving grace with my anxiety.

Jane posted this 26 April 2019

Take it one day at a time. Anxiety is such a pain. I'm sorry you're dealing with it. I definitely recommend talking to your doctor and maybe reaching out to a therapist. 

Jennifer posted this 25 April 2019

Wait to hear back from your OB but till then maybe do some research for a good therapist, maybe one that specializes in postpartum/pregnancy. I only have one and I can only imagine what it must be like to have three (let alone another on the way) but maybe just try to remember that you've already done this three times, successfully. Why should this time be any different. Maybe it will eventually pass but till then talk to someone! Talking is so important. 

• Liked by
  • Jane
Alyssa posted this 25 April 2019

I highly recommend seeing a therapist, as Amber mentioned. I was a basket of anxiety pre-pregnancy, and it only go worse while pregnant. 

• Liked by
  • Jane
Amber posted this 25 April 2019

I was a bucket of nerves my entire pregnancy. Definitely talk with your OBGYN. Anxiety can manifest itself with physical symptoms too which isn't ideal. Seeing a therapist is another option to help curb negative thoughts.

• Liked by
  • Jane
Katie posted this 24 April 2019

This is normal, not everyone goes through this. Your OBGYN will be able to help! I had this at multiple stages on my pregnancy, the best thing that helped me was to learn some deep breathing techniques and opening up to my husband and OBGYN. Hope things get better for you! 

• Liked by
  • Jane
Megan posted this 23 April 2019

Oh, I'm in the same boat! I've been a nervous mess these last few weeks. My best advice is to take things one day at a time. I tend to look down the road instead of at what's in front of me, worsening any anxieties I may be having.

• Liked by
  • Jane
Alitar posted this 23 April 2019

Triplets you must be excited. Just take it easy and don’t overwhelm your self

I am a first time  mom and having triplets, I am very anxious and haven't been able to sleep, very worried about being a good mom. So i am assuming the way you feel is normal

• Liked by
  • Jane
Amber posted this 22 April 2019

I am a first time  mom and having triplets, I am very anxious and haven't been able to sleep, very worried about being a good mom. So i am assuming the way you feel is normal

• Liked by
  • Alitar
  • Jane
Pauline posted this 22 April 2019

Totally normal. You're not alone - So many women feel this way and it varies from pregnancy to pregnancy. 

• Liked by
  • Jane
Victoria posted this 20 April 2019

I think this is normal....or at least I hope! Lol. I’ve been experiencing this too and I’m 32 weeks. People think I’m crazy when I tell them how anxious I am about everything. I fear for my other kids not getting enough attention and same goes for my husband. If your kids are older, maybe they can help around the house the best they can until you re-adjust to a newborn again. I hope your OB gets back to you soon so you can (hopefully) alleviate some of the anxiety. Best of luck!

• Liked by
  • Megan
  • Jane
Close