My 18 month old has suddenly decided to start getting up at 6AM. This typically wouldn't be a big deal, however he has always gone to bed between 8 and 9 and wakes up between 8 and 9. So now he isn't getting enough sleep. He usually takes a 2 1/2 hour nap during the day, but in the last two weeks hes only sleeping 45 minutes. I am wondering if it isn't because in the last 2 weeks he has actually discovered hes independent. He has always been an independent child anyway, but its almost as if a light bulb has been switched on like "OH I'M MY OWN PERSON - SO I'M GOING TO DO WHATEVER I WANT NO MATTER THE CONSEQUENCE". He currently sleeps in his own room in a full sized adult bed with bed rails. We keep his bedroom door shut overnight and while he naps with a video monitor in the room. He has never been one that we have been able to rock to sleep or snuggle or sit in the room with him to put him to sleep - he only feeds off of whoever is in the room and will stay awake all night. I'm at a bit of a loss here because when he gets up this early - I can't go in the room to lay him back down without him thinking "WOO HOO TIME TO GET UP BECAUSE SOMEONE IS HERE!"  and he will pitch a tantrum if  I try to snuggle him, But I also cant just let him cry at the door.